Tuesday, February 28

PGL on Sunday

couldnt take photos inside... so ambik gambar ngan poster je...

I watched Puteri Gunung Ledang last sunday night. It was entertaining. There were times when I yawning. I was tired that day. Anyway, all-in-all… it was fantastic. Hang Tuah had a great voice. He wasn’t really cute. Well, he was as big as 500ml mineral water bottle from where I was sitting, so I couldn’t really see his features. Puteri Gunung Ledang could sing. I didn’t think she could sing but she sang beautifully. Gusti Adipati was just as good. AC Mizal had to two different tones during the musical. One I call the ‘talking’ voice and the other I call the ‘singing’ voice. But he was cute and he sang beautifully. Sultan Melaka danced. Not just traditional dance but more of a hip-hop kind of dance. That was fun to watch., kept me awake for awhile.

Above the stage, they put up a translation-board kind of thing. I can safely say at least one quarter of time they were singing; I was reading the English translation to the songs. But I guess, because it’s there, you have the tendency to read it. I tried hard to concentrate and understand on the lyrics of the song... Which made me think...? Does Hang Tuah really know what singing about? For him to know and for us to find out. So, anyway… I realized that my brains works much faster understanding the translation rather than understanding the original version. Yes, my bahasa is not-so great. But I can speak malay fluently. Tolonglah, saya orang melayu tulen. Actually, not really. My dad’s dad is a Pakistani who married a Chinese woman. I guess I can say my dad is chidian but muslim. But no.. my dad is malay. How he became malay, you ask? Don’t know. My mom’s mom was a Chinese convert and my grandfather was a malay. So then, there’s me. I don’t really look malay neither do I like any other do I like any other races. (eee...so perasan kan...!!) So what am i? Malaysian lahhhh… back to PGL, the musical was moving as in emotional moving. At least, it was for me. Which either means that they were really good or I am just too emotional. You pick.

2 comments:

Cosmic_GurL said...

Stephen Rahman Hughes is such a hottie kan??? *Drool*

keesha said...

heheh.. yes yes! his voice is sooo sedap!